Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Be Still...

Lord, You want me to “be still”….
"The Lord will fight for you, you need only to be still.” - Exodus 14:14
Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”- Psalm 46:10
I know what You want for me, but at times I am incapable of “being still”.  My mind wants to race off on its own rants of fear and confusion.  My heart wants to shatter into millions of tiny shards of pain.  My emotions feel like an ocean storm tossing to and fro.
But then, You already know that I am not able to remain still on my own.  Your command for me to be still has more to do with surrender and less to do with my own ability (for apart from You, I have no good thing-Psalm 16:2). 
“You answer us with awesome deeds of righteousness, O God our Savior, the hope of all the ends of the earth and of the farthest seas, who formed the mountains by your power, having armed yourself with strength, who stilled the roaring seas, the roaring of their waves, and the turmoil of the nations.  Those living far away fear your wonders; where morning dawns and evening fades you call forth songs of joy.”-Psalm 65:5-8
“You rule over the surging sea; when its waves mount up, you still them.”-Psalm 89:9
He stilled the storm to a whisper; the waves of the sea were hushed.”-Psalm 107:29
It is not my responsibility to be still but to simply humble myself before You and depend on You to create stillness within me.  For with the stillness You provide, comes the joy You have promised.
 “The Lord has done great things for us, and we are filled with joy…Those who sow in tears will reap with songs of joy.  He who goes out with weeping, carrying seeds to sow, will return with songs of joy, carrying sheaves with him.”-Psalm 126:3,5-6
“They will celebrate your abundant goodness and joyfully sing of your righteousness.”-Psalm 145:7
“Indeed, you are our glory and joy.”-1 Thessalonians 2:20
“Splendor and majesty are before Him; strength and joy are in His dwelling place.”-1 Chronicles 16:27
Thank You, Lord for creating stillness and a joy within me.  “Even if” the journey I am on is hard.  “Even if” my dreams didn’t fit within Your will.  “You have made known to me the paths of life; you will fill me with joy in Your presence.” (Acts 2:28) and I trust You! 
 
 
 
 

 

2 comments:

  1. My husband passed away Christmas morning from oral cancer. Someone shared your blog last night & it was like you had written my story. I start 2014 as a 50 year old widow. I don't even know how to act.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bless your heart, sweet woman. Your comment brought many tears to both myself and my Tim. Thank you for reminding us that we are not alone in the ugliness of this battle. There are so very many with like stories and similar journeys. May God be ever close to you in 2014 and I pray he guides your steps and actions as He brings about the kind of healing that only He can give.

    ReplyDelete